RE: Public folders in Outlook- can be more accessible?

  • From: "AdrianB" <adrianb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:29:28 +1100

 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andy David [mailto:adavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] 
> Sent: Monday, 22 November 2004 9:52 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Public folders in Outlook- can be 
> more accessible?
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Drag them to the Outlook Shortcut Bar?
>  


Thanks for the reply,

Sorry, should have mentioned we use Outlook 2003, which no longer has a
Shortcut Bar.

Adrian







> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: AdrianB [mailto:adrianb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 5:39 PM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] Public folders in Outlook- can be 
> more accessible?
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I have set up Public folders for staff to book boardrooms and 
> spare laptops.
> These are displayed under "Public Folders > All Public 
> Folder" and can be viewed  in Outlook when the Folder List is 
> displayed.
> 
> However, many users do not use Folder List view, rather 
> prefering the "Mail"
> view, thus need to switch to Folder List.  Also, for some 
> "computer-shy"
> users clicking on so many folders, views, etc. to book 
> boardrooms, etc. is too much.
> 
> Is there a way to display specific folders in a more accessible way?
> Setting a folder as a Favorite, just moves it into the 
> Favorites folder, which is not that helpful.
> 
> 
> 
> Cheers,
> Adrian
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com 
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org 
> Windows Security Resource Site: 
> http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network Security Library:
> http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions:
> http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org 
> Discussion List as:
> adavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com 
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org 
> Windows Security Resource Site: 
> http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network Security Library: 
> http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: 
> http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org 
> Discussion List as: adrianb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To 
> unsubscribe visit 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Other related posts: