Public folders are not visible to anything less than Owner permissions

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchangelist server \(WL\)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:25:39 -0500

When we migrated from 5.5 to 2003 a few months ago I found that AD took
my distribution groups and made most of them into security groups with
mailboxes.  I have been converting them back to strictly distribution
lists but I've noticed that once I've done that, the members of the
group can no longer see the public folders that they have permissions to
unless I give them Owner permissions.  I've checked and the "folder
visible" box is checked in all cases.  Anyone run across this?

Paul Maglinger, A+, CA, CCA, CET, MCSE

Systems Administrator
Shoe Carnival Inc.