Public Folders in Outlook all but worthless as it stands!!

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:43:40 -0000

Hi All

I have an interesting problem that I really hope someone can assist me with. I
have set up a public folder and allowed it to be shown on the GAL. Users can
send mail to it just fine. Just one problem. When the mail arrives although the
messages are in bold no message count is shown for the folder? What disturbs me
is that I have tried it on two different servers (one E2000 and one E2003) and
got the same results form both.

Quite frankly without that the whole concpet is a total waste of time to me as
my clients won't accept that. Why would anyone look at one of potentially many
folders if they do not know there is anything in it!! Is there any way to
change this to work more sensibly please?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.