[ExchangeList] Public Folders and permissions

  • From: "Dan Klobnak" <Dan.Klobnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:36:13 -0500

-------------------------------------------------------Hi there, just migrated
from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 Standard
Edition. This included a migration to a new domain as well (AD and
Exchange on same box(s) - I can already sense John T's back raising).
Went pretty smoothly. To work around the 2000 13 gig limitation, we had
created "private" public folders for users. We exported them to PST
folders and imported them into predefined folders on new server. Most of
the imports went well; however some failed out, and certain folders
within their structures do not have the user's permissions (not all
their folders, just some). So, we are currently stuck manually reviewing
each folder and adjusting properly as research about propagation of
permissions have either turned out to be "tough luck" or, as in the case
not appropriate for version.
Is there any way to get this done, or any workaround...we thought of
importing into a mail box, setting the rights there and then moving to
PF...any ideas other than hitting each folder independently? Thanks, Dan