Public Folder Woes

  • From: "Brandon F. Lockhart" <blockhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:09:35 -0400

All,
   I am trying to create a public folder (four of them actually) where e-mail
going to general addresses (ie. pr@xxxxxxxxxx, info@xxxxxxxxxx,
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) is immediatley placed.

   We are running Exchange 2000 SP2 on the server.  First I created public
folders, and then mail enabled the folders to each have their specific address.
 This worked fine when I would e-mail the addresses that are within the
network.  When an outside e-mail comes in, the message is more of a post rather
then a user generated e-mail.

   I was hoping not to create another mailbox for these addresses, but if I
have to I will.  Any suggestions?

   Also, we will be setting up a public folder for the conference room
scheduling.  Any suggestions on things I should look out for, or be careful of
when I am setting this up?