Public Folder Problem

  • From: "Dusty" <dusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 09:26:51 -0700

Hi, I am having a problem with public folders. I have a pretty basic setup
with one Exchange 2000 server on a win2k box. The problem that I am having
is that when I set up new users they can not access an existing public
contact folder via outlook or Internet Explorer. I just took over this job
from someone else, and any old users that were set up previously have no
problem accessing the public contact folder. However, any new users that I
set-up can not access this folder it just comes up blank in Outlook.

The 2nd part of the problem is that when I open Exchange System Manager
and go down to the public folders branch to check the permissions for
access to this particular folder, when I try to expand it I get the error
"80004005" that "the operation failed". It then does not display the
folders so I can't even view who actually is setup on the permissions
list. I am assuming that the reason that these new users can't view the
folder is because they aren't on the permission list?

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this before. If you have any
suggestions on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated!