Public Folder Migration problem.

  • From: "Amit" <amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:29:53 +0530

We have Exchange 5.5 server with Windows NT Server as Operating System.

We want to migrate it to exchange 2003. So for this purpose I had setted one
testing Domain Controller and testing Exchange 5.5 with NT Server 4.0 and
windows 2003 on a machine.

I had upgraded the Exchange 5.5 server to have windows 2000 server as
operating system. Active Directory is also configured in Native mode.

Exchange 2003 is properly installed on Windows 2003 with all the
pre-requisites. Mail Boxes are also transferred successdully.

But when I execute pfmigrate to replicate the public folders. The Sie of the
pub.edb and priv.edb at Exchange 5.5 is near about 9 GB.

But on Exchange 2003 Server the public folder is taking more than 35 GB and
the process is still pending. I don't know why this is happening, becuase
the database on Exchange 5.5 is of 9 GB and on Exchange 2003 database is
exceeding to 35 GB in the mdbdata folder.

Is there any problem or is it normally take this much space.

What should I do.

Please help.

Regards

Amit

Amit Kapoor

Network Engineer

Module One India Ltd.

Paharpur Software Technology Incubator Park

A-88, Okhla Phase II, New Delhi 110020, India

Tel: +91-(0)11-51859200 | Fax: +91-(0)11-51859220

E-mail: amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | Web:
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\amit\Application%20Data\Microsoft\Sig
natures\www.moduleone.com> www.moduleone.com

==== c r e a t i v e i n t e r n e t s o l u t i o n s ====

Module One, one of India's leading interactive agencies, uses a

combination of creative, marketing and technology skills to assist

clients in successfully using the Internet for their marketing initiatives.