Re::Public Folder Migration in Exchange 2003.

  • From: "Amit" <amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:46:01 +0530

I am new to the exchangelist. I had a problem for all of u.

Description of the problem:--

We are currently having exchange 5.5 on windows NT Server 4.0.

I am testing the migration of Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.

I had restored the Backup of Exchange 5.5 Database on a machine. I had a
machine on which Active Directory is configured and a separate machine on
which I had installed windows 2003. I had upgraded the testing exchange 5.5
server to Windows 2000 Server operating system.

My Active Directory is in Native Mode.

I had completed the installation of Exchange 2003 on testing windows 2003

Mailboxes are transferred successfully, but the public folder migration is
taking so much time. The original database is of 9 GB on testing Exchange
5.5 server, but on the exchange 2003 server the migration has taken more
than 30 GB space and the migration is still continues.

I can't understand the database of 9GB can take upto 30 GB or more.

Is there any problem with the public folder migration, I had used PFMIGRATE

Please help

Amit Kapoor

Network Engineer

Module One India Ltd.

Paharpur Software Technology Incubator Park

A-88, Okhla Phase II, New Delhi 110020, India

Tel: +91-(0)11-51859200 | Fax: +91-(0)11-51859220

E-mail: amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | Web:

==== c r e a t i v e i n t e r n e t s o l u t i o n s ====

Module One, one of India's leading interactive agencies, uses a

combination of creative, marketing and technology skills to assist

clients in successfully using the Internet for their marketing initiatives.