Re::Public Folder Migration in Exchange 2003.

  • From: "Amit" <amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:46:01 +0530

Hi,

I am new to the exchangelist. I had a problem for all of u.

Description of the problem:--

We are currently having exchange 5.5 on windows NT Server 4.0.

I am testing the migration of Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.

I had restored the Backup of Exchange 5.5 Database on a machine. I had a
machine on which Active Directory is configured and a separate machine on
which I had installed windows 2003. I had upgraded the testing exchange 5.5
server to Windows 2000 Server operating system.

My Active Directory is in Native Mode.

I had completed the installation of Exchange 2003 on testing windows 2003
server.

Mailboxes are transferred successfully, but the public folder migration is
taking so much time. The original database is of 9 GB on testing Exchange
5.5 server, but on the exchange 2003 server the migration has taken more
than 30 GB space and the migration is still continues.

I can't understand the database of 9GB can take upto 30 GB or more.

Is there any problem with the public folder migration, I had used PFMIGRATE
command.

Please help

Amit Kapoor

Network Engineer

Module One India Ltd.

Paharpur Software Technology Incubator Park

A-88, Okhla Phase II, New Delhi 110020, India

Tel: +91-(0)11-51859200 | Fax: +91-(0)11-51859220

E-mail: amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | Web:
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\amit\Application%20Data\Microsoft\Sig
natures\www.moduleone.com> www.moduleone.com

==== c r e a t i v e i n t e r n e t s o l u t i o n s ====

Module One, one of India's leading interactive agencies, uses a

combination of creative, marketing and technology skills to assist

clients in successfully using the Internet for their marketing initiatives.