RE: Public Folder Access through OWA

  • From: "Spelt, Martijn" <M.spelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:37:06 +0100

Hello Ken,

since owa is used to actually access an mailbox, its required to have a mailbox
to login to before you can get access to any public folders,
The only way to acomplisch access to public folders without having mailboxes is
by publishing the public folder it self to the internet or intranet and then by
using for example outlook express
to read the public folders. You can give anonymous access then, or create an
ads account and ging this account rights on the folder.
By using owa its not possible...
Maybee there another way but thats how we did this here.

Martijn Spelt
Service Design and Implementation
Computer and Network Services

Gemeentelijk Havenbedrijf Rotterdam