Problems - Exchange 2000 Enterprise

  • From: "Mark Budman" <mbudman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 14:45:45 -0400

Our organization is running Exchange 2000 enterprise Edition with
service pack 1. We are having a problem at various times where the
global address book in unavailable for some users (usually seems to be
during peak usage). This problem is intermittent, and can affect one ,a
few, or several users.

Our configuration is as follows:

One server, Dell Power Edge 2500 PIII 900 with 1 Gig RAM
200 mailboxes (users)
Client - Outlook 2000
Email Access: Microsoft Exchange Server (data is on Exchange Server)
Message Store size :  13 gig

Could this be a problem with the size of the mailbox message store?

Any suggestions / comments would be appreciated.

Mark Budman
Systems Engineer
Devry College of Technology
5860 Chedworth Way