RE: Problem with sending eMails

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:59:03 -0800

> I have Exchange 2000 server. There have been some returned undeliverable
> emails sent back to me when I send emails to certain email address. The
> error reads: "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@xxxxxxxxxxx" Anyone know
> how to fix this? Is it as simple as adding that particular domain to the
> allowed "Relay restriction" list?

Please, do not even think about adding a domain to that list. Just by you
mentioning that means you do not understand what relaying is.

I do not know if was you or someone else asked the same exact question not
too long ago. I responded you first have to determine where that notice came

What is the entire message, including headers, that you received with that
error notice?

John Tolmachoff
eServices For You