Problem with mailbox rights

  • From: "Opeyemi Olomo" <O.Olomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList] (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:31:37 +0100

Hi all,

I've been having some problems lately since I re-installed my e2k server due to
corrupt logs.

I used exmerge to restore all the clients mail because my backup failed.

Everything is up and running now but anytime I try to use Exmerge to backup
mails in PST form, I get some errors on some mailboxes complaining of
insufficient rights.

If I try to open this mailboxes from the M: directory, it gives me "access
denied".

I checked the mailbox rights from the user properties and I found out that full
mailbox access was denied for Administrator. I tried to edit this but it failed
cos it seems to be an inherited permission.

Even the mailboxes that I can open from the M: directory have full mailbox
access denied for administrator.

I am using win2k sp3 and e2k sp3.

What am I doing wrong?

Opeyemi Olomo
Corporate Development,
Ocean and Oil Holdings
10th Floor, The Octagon
13A AJ Marinho Drive, Victoria Island Lagos
Office Tel No: +234 1 320 0818-9 Ext: 123
Mobile No: +234 802 291 0164