RE: Problem with email from one sender

  • From: "Dave Sydenham" <davesydenham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 02:44:37 -0700

Thanks for that. This seems to have pointed me in the right direction. I
contacted our ISP who tells me that this server is not contactable by the
outside world only by their own mail servers and that most senders should
automatically try the next MX records. It seems though that some servers
are set up only to look to the primary MX record which obviously in this
case would fail. Is this a common problem? According to our ISP the way
they have set this up is as per RFC standards and that these standards are
not met by looking to primary MX record only. Any thoughts?