RE: Problem with email from one sender

  • From: <muqeems@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:36:14 +0300

Ask the sys admin on that company to try telnetting to the SMTP port of your
Exchange server by the host name,
First let him check his DNS server for the MX entries of your domain, he can
do that by doing an nslookup.
Then once he gets the name, tell him to try telnetting to the host name of
the server on port 25.
For the blacklisting.. it should be from your side that you need to check if
you are blacklisting any domain names, not him.. since he is the one sending
mails to your domain and your server will be checking as to who can send
mails to it.
From the mail contents it appears to me that you have an ISP server that
accepts and relays mails to your domain for you. Ask them to check it for
you, or they should tell you how they prevent open relay servers from
connecting to your MX server.