Problem with cleanup agent.

  • From: "Rajnish Malik" <rajnish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:12:09 +0400

Hi Guys,
I've multi domain model of Windows 2000/2003 running in parent child
domains model.  My exchange 2000 is sitting on parent domain.
One of the child domains has failed and company decided to remove that
child domain, and all the user objects of old domain will be created in
another domain. But the problem is that my mailbox cleanup agent is
unable to identify orphan mailboxes. Unless AD understands that objects
are orphan I'll not be able to remap that mailbox to newly created user
I have also tried to create the .pst of these mailboxes, but exmerge
fails as it needs to establish the LDAP connection, and its LDAP
authentication is not getting resolved as the domain does not exist any
I want to recover those mailboxes and connect them to the new user ID's.
I do not have the recent backup the exchange server/mailboxes hence I
have to some how retail existing mailboxes and use them to reconnection.
 Please give me some ideas/ utility to remap the orphan mailboxes.