Problem with SMTP Auth and Relaying..

  • From: "Jay Kramer" <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ExchangeList" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:59:47 -0600

I have a problem with SMTP Auth and Relaying.. does anyone have any pointers?
What it is is that I have users offsite that are accessing exchange, and when
they send email, it says "Unable to relay for jay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"..  They are
trying to send a message TO that address, and they have their from address
correctly setup..  I don't know what to do..  The only thing that has worked is
opening the server as an open relay, because even if they do SMTP Auth, it
still gives them that message, and I have the allow to relay when the computer
authenticates checkbox checked..  HELP