Problem with Orphan Mailboxes.

  • From: "Rajnish Malik" <rajnish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 07:59:15 +0400

Hi All,

I have multiple sites of my network. There are around 9 domains running
in parent child hierarchy of windows 200X AD.
My exchange server is sitting on root domain. The entire child domain
user's mailboxes are stored in this exchange server.

One of my child domains has failed. I do not have any backup for this
server/site. My company has decided that we will recreate the user's
accounts of that site into another existing domain. Now the problem is I
have re-created the user objects but I'm unable to map their mailboxes
with newly created user accounts.
Because my child domain does not exist any more, I'm not able to do AD
cleanup. I also tried to run exchange mailbox cleanup agent, but it is
unable to identify these mailboxes as orphan mailbox.

Please help me on this issue.

Regards,

Rajnish