RE: Problem with E2K on W2K server in a W2K3 AD domain

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:15:55 -0700

Update. It worked. I went through all the settings again. Double and triple
checked. Everything was fine.


Restarted the GC. Waited. Restarted the 2 DC. waited. Restarted Exchange.
Waited. Still nothing.


Let me try a test message to the test group allusers. Sent. Viewed message
tracking. Says delivered. Looked at the storage group. They are all there.


Go figure.


Must have been the RAW law.


John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA


eServices For You


-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Liddekee [mailto:mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx] 
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 12:18 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Problem with E2K on W2K server in a W2K3 AD

I'm not sure where else you could go from here.  My story was that I had
installed the eval version of e2k.  when we got ready to go w/ the full
version, I uninstalled the old version from the test server and then tried
to start from scratch on the new server we purchased.  The install never
would work.  Ending up using ADSIEdit to remove all the Exchange attributes
from AD and then Exchange installed.  However when I created accounts, they
never would show up in the ESM.  After we rebooted both the Exchange server
and our GC (also our only DC), everything worked as advertised.  Only thing
I could recommend is remove Exchange from server.  There is an article in M$
Knowledgebase about removing exchange from server manually.  Then you can
installed ADSIEdit from the support directory on the Windows 2000 (prby
available on w2k3 server cd as well) and remove the M$ Exchange from our
container.  If you have any questions let me know.  I spent my $245 w/ M$ to
find out that 5sec trick.




Mike Liddekee

Network Engineer


Humco Holding Group, Inc.

7400 Alumax Dr. 

Texarkana, TX  75501

Ph:  (903) 831-7808 ext 697



Other related posts: