Problem with E2K on W2K server in a W2K3 AD domain

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:16:07 -0700

Just installed my first Exchange server in W2K3 domain.

Forest Prep and Domain Prep went fine.

Installed Exchange Manager on both DC. (Of course, complained E2K is not
supported on W2K3.)

Installed Exchange 2K on W2K server SP4. Exchange is at SP3 with post SP3
rollup.

On the primary DC, created new users and groups and associated mail boxes
and Exchange aliases.

Problem: When I went to view the mail boxes on the Exchange server in System
Manager, they were not there.

On the DCs, all the users show Exchange features and mail boxes. But they do
not show up in System Manager on the Exchange server.

Do all the Exchange features have to be added/configured from the Exchange
server?

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA

Engineer/Consultant

eServices For You