Problem with 5.5 and incoming attached files

  • From: Gene O'Brien <Gene@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:33:13 -0400

Hi All,
I've got a problem I hope someone can help with!  We're using Exchange 5.5
(along with GFI Mail Essentials v 8.0).  I have had complaints from users
that file attachments in excess of 2MB are being blocked (people can't send
to us).  However, in looking over the size limits at the INTERNET MAIL
SERVICE, GENERAL tab, the MESSAGE SIZE is set to "No Limit".
Is there some other location where a size limit might have been set?
Senders are geting a message that our mail server rejects messages:
<Gene@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Gene@xxxxxxxxxx> >: message size 3750599 exceeds
size limit 2097152 of server[]

I don't see any settings anywhere on GFI Mail Essentials that should affect
attachment size, nor do I see anything in our Sonicwall firewall.

Any ideas where to look?  It's urgent!
Thanks very much,

Gene O'Brien
Network Administrator