Problem to logon to OWA with UPN

  • From: "Salvatore Fulci" <sfulci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:06:21 +0200

Hi,

I try to configure the "Exchange/OWA/IIS" serveur to accept UPN(User Principal
Name)  Logon name I found out a Microsoft doc to explain the set up to do ......

1° Open Internet Information Service/default Web/Propreties
2° in the "directory security" TAB, I check "Basic authentication" and Modifyed
the "Default Domain" to "\"
3° I made the same settings for "Exchange" and "Public" Virtuals Directory

But when I connect to OWA , a dialog box "Enter network Password" appear ....
For the User name field I put : upn_prefix@upn_suffix
For the Password field I put : the password of the user
For the Domain field I put : Nothing ( I leave blank)

But the Logon is not successfull ....

PS : The "Exchage/IIS/OWA" server is behind a firewall(isa server) and I
published OWA with a "Web publishing rule"

Thanks for your help ......and excuse me for my bad English