[ExchangeList] Re: Problem setting up Microsoft Exchange Active Sync

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:27:28 -0400

Todd –

Who is your Certificate Authority and what type of Cert is it?

Windows Mobile devices recognize only a small # of Certificates (especially older Windows Mobile devices).  If you are having issues connecting, the issue most likely is that the Cert you are using on your front end is not an accepted one for Windows Mobile devices.

See this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915840

Or this: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_en&q=Windows+Mobile+trusted+SSL+

To verify, you can request a ‘trial’ certificate from Thawte.com (SSL 123 type) and deploy.  This is a fully functional cert for 30 days that is accepted by all Windows Mobile devices without having to force the device to accept it and the authority.

What is your OWA URL?

good luck.

Chris