Re: Problem migrating users to new server

  • From: Mark Gresgott <markgresgott@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:09:28 -0500

Sounds like your Recipient Policy may not cover your entire address
space. Verify you see something similar to "(mailnickname=*)" under
the General Tab of your default policy.  Also verify that you have an
SMTP address Type in the "Email-Addresses(Policy) Tab and it is
designated for the Domain you have your MX records set
at...."@domain.com".  The check box "This Exchange Organization is
responsible for all mail delivery to this address" should also be
checked.

I am assuming the new server shows up in ESM in your Exchange
Organization under the same Administrative Group as the other server
and that the new server can see your Global Catalog server.