[ExchangeList] Problem in creating Mailboxes

  • From: "Amit Kapoor" <amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:02:53 +0530

Hi,

I have Exchange 2003 with Windows 2000 Server domain controller.

We have one Global Catalog Server. This week we have changed the domain
controller role of a machine to Global Catalog & Exchange 2003 it is taking
the new machine as Global Catalog server. But when I create a new user in
Active Directory and I go on to create its mailbox in Exchange 5.5 it says
no mapping between SID found. Even the user is replicated from Global
catalog server to other domain controller.

Is exchange 5.5 is looking for previous Global catalog server which is now
working as a domain controller now. When I try to move mailbox from Exchange
5.5 to Exchange 2003 it gives error in event log with error id "8183 source
"MSADC" and "8270" soruce  "MSADC"

How do I correct this problem? Or how can I create mailboxes Exchange 2003
without involving Exchange 5.5 in the process.

Please Help.

ps. check out our latest product: www.DriveInside.com - India's No. 1 Auto
Website

Amit Kapoor  |  Network Engineer

Module One India Ltd.  |  A88 Okhla Phase II, New Delhi - 110020

Voice : +91-11-41859200 ext. 204  |  Fax : +91-11-41859220  |  Mobile :
+91-98730-86450

Email : amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  Web: www.moduleone.com