Problem in Instant messaging on Exchange 2000

  • From: Fadi Idris <fadi.idris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:36:37 +0300

Hi All,
            I have the following problem in Instant messaging on Exchange
2000, my organization include several exchange 2000 servers on different
geographical locations. In instant messaging after few tests I found that if
I have two users and like to use instant messaging they can add each only if
their mailboxes are on the same server. If the two mailboxes are one
different servers they can not add each other regardless of were the instant
messaging server or account exist. After facing this problem between remote
sites and through firewalls I tried to test it on the LAN. The results was
the same I cannot add any one to instant messaging if his mailbox is not on
the same server with me. Of course this does not serve my organization since
I need all my clients to use instant messaging with their mailboxes are
separated on all my exchange servers based on the geographical location.
Thanks in advance for cooperation
Best Regards
Fadi Idris