Problem adding Distribution List

  • From: Rob Sharp <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:15:12 +0000

Afternoon all,

I'm running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003.

I've decided to create a Distribution Group titled 'Everyone' in order to simplify the task of sending mails out to all employees.

Whenever I try to do this I get an error message saying:-

Windows cannot create the object Everyone because:
The specified user already exists.

We're a small company so I've had a scan down the Users container and there is no Everyone user. I've also run a few AD searches which didn't turn up anything. We only have a single server holding AD details so its not a replication problem afaik.

I just cannot see where this user might already exist. Is it some kind of reserved username?

Rob