Re: Problem accessing Exchange Server remotely using Outlook

  • From: "Craig Weil" <craig_weil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:47:12 -0700

MessageWe are using a Speedstream DSL modem (assigned 32 IP addresses through
SBC).  The DSL modem then goes into a switch where other devices plug in and we
manually configure their individual IP addresses.  These devices include a
Netopia R9100 router, an Exchange server, a web server, etc...   The Netopia
serves LAN ip addresses to our clients in the building so they don't
individually have routable IP addresses.  The whole system was working great
until around Tuesday night or so.  Our web services are running perfectly.  The
only issue I'm having (that I'm aware of) is that retrieving email through an
IMAP client will not work so long as the machine doing so is either not on our
LAN or not on the same subnet as the Exchange server.

Good luck to all of you having this issue, although luck can't turn a wrench. :)

Craig