Problem User Account

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <ELanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:50:22 -0700

I am running Exchange 2000 and Outlook XP.  The problem user is located
at a site connected via frame relay connection to the corporate office.
When he logs onto the network via his laptop and attempts to open his
email (which is on the remote Exchange box) Outlook hangs.  If I login
as him on our Citrix machine, Outlook (Office SP2 installed) behaves
identically as his laptop.  If I access his mailbox via OWA, it's fine.
I can login as a different user that resides on the same server as the
problem account and experience no problems.  No other users are
reporting problems on that server.  His mailbox is about 122MB.  On the
Citrix server I have deleted his profile and Outlook profiles to no
avail.  When he is on the local LAN everything is fine, though he did
have this problem before when he was at the remote location; then it
magically clears.  His inbox has at most 100 emails; he keeps it fairly
clean.  I've looked at the Event Viewer logs on the remote server and
nothing jumps out at me.  I've done a ping test with several dozen
pings; all come back normal.   I was thinking of moving the mailbox from
the remote server to my server then back to the remote server.  Only
thing I can come up with....

Does anyone have any suggestions I can try?