RE: Probelm with add new contact email address

  • From: "Otto G. Holland" <oholland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:36:46 -0400

Ummm...did you import the contacts from an Exchange 5.5? We did at my job and
every email bounced. We called Microsoft and got help but it was limited. We
wrote a small program to change the last cn=name this solved the problem. Note:
Exchange 2000 is very unforgiving, the problem exist because they are NOT
unique. See...all members/contacts in each group points to the same
cn=name...say for instance you have a group called JCPENNY. When you imported
the list from the old 5.5, the list came over with NO uniqueness. You must
change the cn=name to the correct user/contact name eg:
oholland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx would be cn=oholland and not the group. Does this
make sense? I hope.

Sincerely,
Otto Holland