Re: Private store size matter

  • From: PKarumbaiah@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:52:39 +0530

Do a offline defrag.For which you have to the mailstore offline and also u
will need free space equal to or more than the space of the database size.
The syntax is below:

C:\Program Files/Exchsrvr/BIN/>ESEUTIL /?

generates the following output information:
Microsoft(R) Exchange Server(TM) Database Utilities<BR/>
Version 6.0<BR/>
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1991-2000.  All Rights Reserved.

      Defragmentation:  ESEUTIL /d <database name> [options]
             Recovery:  ESEUTIL /r [options]
            Integrity:  ESEUTIL /g <database name [options]
            File Dump:  ESEUTIL /m[mode-modifier] <filename>
               Repair:  ESEUTIL /p <database name [options]
              Restore:  ESEUTIL /c[mode-modifier] <path name> [options]

iNautix Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
Tel. +91-44-2254-6000
Extn. 2119

                    <noonari@csc1888       To:     "[ExchangeList]"
          >             cc:
                                           Subject:     [exchangelist] Private
store size matter
                    02/13/2004 09:36
                    Please respond
Dear all,

I have a problem please help me. I have permanently deleted so many emails
from few mailboxes and 2 whole mailboxes also. But private store file is
same size, I need help in this regard please tell me how can I defragement
of this file and get that delete mailbox's size.

Thanks in advance.

List Archives:
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site:
Windows Security Resource Site: