[ExchangeList] Prevent read receipts responses from going out

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchangelist \(Freelist\)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:25:17 -0500

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Been googling for a
while.  Is there a built-in feature for Exchange
2003 that will prevent a read receipt response when an email from an
outside source requests a read receipt?  They still want read receipts
to work when it is internal email, and they want to be able to have read
receipts when we send the mail.

Clear as mud?  I've found 3rd party solutions that will stop read
receipts ($$$).  I found a script that would stop all read receipts.  I
haven't found anything built in to Exchange 2003 or where it was
granular enough to stop it one-way.  Anyone aware of a solution, or am I
just chasing my tail?

Paul Maglinger, A+, CA, CCA, CET, MCSE

Systems Administrator
Shoe Carnival Inc.