RE: Prevent mail server being used as Mail relay (Urgent)

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:39:01 -0400

By default Exchange 2000 is a closed relay, so the setting you have are
acceptable.

If you are in doubt you can go to http://www.ordb.org/ and run the test
on your servers IP address, they will inform you if you have a problem
with the relay.

Mark L Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc
Rochester, NY
www.4mcts.com
Tel:  716 586 3890
Fax: 716 249 0316
Cell: 585 576 4750
For MSN Messenger add mark@xxxxxxxxx to your contacts list
For answer to your Microsoft Exchange questions visit www.msexchange.org
"In God we trust. Everybody else we verify using PGP!"