RE: Prevent mail server being used as Mail relay (Urgent)

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:39:01 -0400

By default Exchange 2000 is a closed relay, so the setting you have are

If you are in doubt you can go to and run the test
on your servers IP address, they will inform you if you have a problem
with the relay.

Mark L Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc
Rochester, NY
Tel:  716 586 3890
Fax: 716 249 0316
Cell: 585 576 4750
For MSN Messenger add mark@xxxxxxxxx to your contacts list
For answer to your Microsoft Exchange questions visit
"In God we trust. Everybody else we verify using PGP!"