Prevent forwarding of email with attachment

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Exchangelist server (WL)'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:49:18 -0600

Greetings all!
Is anyone aware of a method to prevent a user from forwarding an email with
or without attachment that was sent to them?  My specific situation deals
with preventing forwarding of email with attachment, but now I'm curious
about either way.  Searched around a bit and found one reference saying that
it couldn't be done, but referring to 5.5 and 2000.  Has anyone run into
this and come up with a solution?  We're currently running Exchange 5.5,
migrating to 2003.

Paul Maglinger, A+, CA, CCA, CET, MCSE

Systems Administrator
Shoe Carnival Inc.