[ExchangeList] Prevent forwarding email for confidential or private sensativity

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <Ray.Dzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:08:52 -0700

Isn't it funny how the dead-in-dog-years email program you used to have
(cc:Mail) has the ONE function that the President of the company wants
to use that doesn't seem to exist in the brand new email software
(Exchange 2003/Outlook) that we just paid a bazillion dollars for...?
In cc:Mail when you marked an email as "private" it would block the
accidental forwarding of email.  I know that if you really WANTED to
forward the email outside the company it was just a matter of copy and
paste.  But it did stop the brain-fart type forwarding where the users
just push a button because it is too easy, or they simply ignored the
bright red text at the top of the message that reads "This is a
confidential message from the big cheese, don't send this out to
Any functionality in Exchange that I can use to duplicate this feature?
I have been poking around Google for a while and nothing is surfacing.
It mostly returns hits on how to encrypt messages.
Thanks in advance!

Ray Dzek
Network Operations / Helpdesk Supervisor
Specialized Bicycle Components