Post-Server Move

  • From: "Chris McNally" <cmcnally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:56:38 -0800

Hi all,

I successfully moved my Exchange 2000 from its original box to a new
machine. All accounts, public folders, default store, etc. are now on
the new machine. With that done I suspected that the original box being
offline would have no effect but in fact if the original box is offline
then all Outlook clients are offline as well. All clients are pointing
to the new server.
My thoughts are to disable the exchange services on the original box and
they can sit there in waiting as a restoration receptacle if ever
needed.
I would appreciate any thoughts as to why the original box still needs
to be online.

Thanks!