Possible mailbox corruption

  • From: "Mike Liddekee" <mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:29:23 -0600

I have a user that is unable to open her email via Outlook.  Every time
outlook (2003) opens, it immediately gives an error and wants to attempt
to restart outlook.  It comes up w/ an error #1000 in the event log.  At
first I thought it was the PC.  I uninstalled office, reinstalled,
updated w/ all known updates.  Still nothing.  I tried logging into the
machine as a different user and it worked fine.  I ended up deleting her
profile on the workstation and logging back in and still nothing.
Trying another machine gives the same results.  The user can open her
email fine using OWA internally; just the outlook client seems to not be
working.  Any other ideas short of deleting the mailbox and recreating?
Luckily this user deletes most mail so this won't be a big issue.

Mike Liddekee
Network Engineer

Humco Holding Group, Inc.
7400 Alumax Dr.