Ports on owa through a firewall

  • From: "Danilo Dias" <danilo.dias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:30:56 -0300

Hi, all
I have a owa 5.5. that needs to comunicate through a firewall with some
exchange 2000 servers.I used :XCLN: Exchange 2000 Static Port Mappings
(Q270836)
<http://premier.microsoft.com/premier/library/default.aspx?path=/premier/kb/en-us/Q270/8/36.ASP?KBID=Q270836>
  to assign static ports, and enable them in the firewall.
But is seems it wasn´t enough. It seems the e2k servers are still telling the
exchange 5.5 to use some random ports, and the firewall is dropping this
packets.
The ports I set up in the e2k registry are:
System Attendant: TCP/IP Port, TCP/IP NSPI Port
Information store: TCP/IP Port
MTA: RFC1006 Port Number, TCP/IP port for RPC listens
Thanks for the attention.
Danilo Dias