RE: Ports Needed for Ms-Outlook to Communicate with Exchange 2000

  • From: "William Lefkovics" <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:42:43 -0800

TCP/UDP ports used by Exchange 2000 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b278339

Outlook with MAPI also uses random port over 1024 when communicating with
Exchange.
You can lock that down to a static port if you need to.

Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 static port mappings
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270836/

MAPI clients also need to talk to Active Directory, too, of course.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256976