Pop3 or Smtp problem ?

  • From: "Jihad J. Abu-Asab" <j.abuasab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:20:21 +0300

I have windows 2000 server as a domain controller, i installed active
directory, DSN and exchange 2000.

i can send emails to any user in the exchange, i can send emails to any user in
the internet for example my email in hotmail BUT when i try to send from my
hotmail account to my email at my exchange server, it cannot be received ,
where is the problem in my pop3 configuration ? or smpt ? and how i can fix
this problem ?

For my dns i can nslookup it because i configured the MX record well but i am
not sure if anyone can ping mydns.com could it be the problem ? or is it in my
exchange server or active directory ?