Pop3 fails

  • From: Peter White <P.White@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:50:12 -0500

Hi,
   Can anyone please help? We have ongoing Pop3 problems on our Exchange 5.5
server. It is Exchange service pack 4 on NT 4.0 SP6. All too often our users
in the field get authentication errors when trying to  retrieve their email
via Pop3. A reboot usually clears this up.
   This happened again this morning.  While testing we could telnet to port
25 of our server, but not to port 110.  It looks Pop3 just stops working
while smtp is fine.  Does anyone have any idea how we can fix or find a
workaround for this problem?

thanks
Peter White