Poor internet performance behind SBS2003

  • From: "Jeremy Newton" <jnewton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:17:18 +0900

I work for a school that is running SBS2003.  The school has two
subnets, one behind the SBS for staff and another isolated lab behind a
firewall/router.  The lab has absolutely no issues whatsoever, yet the
internet access behind the SBS is very unreliable.  Behind the SBS the
clients get many timeouts and dns errors and have to try urls several
times sometimes before they will load up the pages.  I have tried to
bypass the SBS DNS and use an external DNS server, but that has not
helped the issue.  Could anyone advise as to where I might start