Please Help!!

  • From: adda ihsan <amihsan72@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 20:55:33 -0700 (PDT)

The problem that I have posted in this list regarding some domains dropped
conns haven't got reply.. please help !

In my endeavour to find the cause of the problem I find out that there some big
queues to some domains like yahoo.com , aol.com, and hotmail.com which were
actually made up of hundreds of junk emails sent by none of our users. I
suspect that our server has been infected by viruses ? which contiously send
junk and chain emails to email addresses in hotmail.com, yahoo.com and aol.com.

Is there anyway we can set exchange 2000 to only send emails from our users ? I
have set the relay restrictions to our internal networks subnet only but this
way can't cope with the kind of attack like above.

Our server is w2k.. behind raptor firewall, using exchange 2000 and has Norton
AV already installed.

Please help..

Regards,

Adda