Re: Planning for a new storage array

  • From: "kim" <kim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:24:32 -0600

I too will be moving my exchange data, to a fibre channel san device.
While i will be using RAID 5, it is mostly due to storage restrictions- i
will need another external drive box and another 7-14 scsi drives to use
my preferred RAID 5+1 (or ADG)...

i agree that with RAID 5 you should separate the containers (volumes-
please excuse the terminology- i have a unix background) by function- one
for exchange one for the db, one for the web pages, etc...

but why striping? what is it you are hoping to gain here? feel free to
contact my offline at kim@xxxxxxxxx should you feel it inappropriate to
continue on the list.