Planning for a new storage array

  • From: "Ciapala Krzysztof" <krzysiek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:09:04 +0200

Hi all,
In few weeks I'll be moving entire Exchange server into new
enterprise-class storage array. Currently its working on single RAID 5
volume what for sure is not optimal. I'll have opportunity to make final
word what and where put and also what RAID should be used. I'm thinking
about RAID 0+1 volumes, however I'd like to use experts experience how
to divide exchange logs and databases to achive optimal performance.
Its clustered Exchange 2000 with about 1000 users, using mostly Outlook
XP, currently about 80 GB of mail data and about 20 GB in public
folders.
Any input will be appreciated.

Regards,
Chris Ciapala