[ExchangeList] Re: Plain text vs html [restriction]

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:07:09 -0500

You can't control how you receive the message. If a user sent message to
someone in HTML you will receive in HTML. A prime example is the issue with
winmail.dat files. When a user sends RTF, a recipient using non rtf compatible
clients will get winmail.dat. You can't have the client say I want to receive
this message as plain text. The sender must re-send as plain text. I'll try to
find out from our BB guy if we've ever run into this scenario with users
sending out HTML messages to BB users.