Plain text emails appearing as blank on some user's Outlook

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Exchangelist server (WL)'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:14:06 -0500

Today is the day for weird problems...
We have a Unix box that sends plain text emails using Sendmail.  We have
three users out of 10 that receive these as blank emails.  The body of these
emails are completely blank and no attachements.   When I look at the
properties of the blank emails, they show as rich text or HTML.  The emails
that show up correctly are showing up as plain text in the properties, so it
appears to me that the Outlook client on those 3 problem workstations are
not seeing them for the plain text emails that they are.  What complicates
it more is that it is not consistent.  Google and MS have not proved
fruitful.  Hints?  Suggestions?
Paul Maglinger