Pickup Folder

  • From: "Shevill, Mark M SITI-ITIBCE22" <Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:31:24 -0000

I have a question on the message flow in E2K. In Microsofts message flow
diagram, V1.4 September 2002 the pickup directory appears to be at the
beginning of the message flow, ie/ directly after a message is formatted
from the MAPI client. However, I am of the opinion that the folder comes
into effect after the on-post categorization since it is only at this
point that the message can be directed to the correct Virtual Server and
hence the correct Pickup folder. Since if we have several VS's then
these would all have independent Pickup Queues.

Could someone please clarify this for me please. I was trying to explain
what happened to messages whilst in the pickup foler and found that I
was contradicting myself.

Thanks.

Mark Shevill

IMG Messaging Technical Lead

Tel: +44 161 435 8709 Fax: +44 161 933 3502 Other Tel: +44 7932 625510
Email: Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.shell.com <http://www.shell.com/>