Physically moving a server

  • From: "Albert Charron" <acharron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:32:44 -0400

Hi there.

I have 2 exchange 2000 servers on two different locations.  I'd like to
physically move 1 server to the other site and I'm wonderring if there's
something special to do.

Here exactly the configuration:

Location 1:
Server A:
    DomainController of Domain A
    Hosting all users mailboxes
    StandAlone server (there is no other computer in Domain A)

Location 2:
Server B:
    DomainController for Domain B
    This server is a test environnement, so hosting only 2 or 3 mailboxes
    Managing 10 workstations and users

Both locations have different domain name (location 1 = domainA.com and
location 2 = domainB.com)

What I want exactly:  I want to move server A to location 2, but I want to keep
them the way they currently are (no trust relationships, no site connectors and
different domains (and domain names)).

Where can I find informations about doing this?
Albert Charron
Trisotech Inc.
acharron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx