Permissions required for Exmerge to archive several users mailboxes into PST's

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:33:43 -0400

Scenario: You want to Exmerge several mailboxes from Exchange 2003
Server, with the Archive setting to export to PST file and then delete
the mailbox from the IS.

What's the simplest way to give the currently logged in administrator
(on the Exchange server console running Exmerge), permission to
Exmerge several mailboxes without having to manually change the
mailbox rights for each users in ADU&C.

Before I send this, I read through:

So, now my question has been updated to: I have created a security
group with every domain user account as a member. Now, with step 13,
do I add that group into that section, and if so, will it not give
every member of my new group send as and receive as permission to
anyones account on the server? I just want to use Exmerge, why is it
so complicated. :)

Thank you,

...D