Permissions problem

  • From: "Ian Roberts" <Ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:35:51 -0600

I've installed MS Exchange 5.5 on my windows advanced server and restored
my PRIV.EDB & PUB.EDB. Everything seems to be working okay except mt
outlook exchange clients cannot see the gal. If I try to redo the profile
I get the message
"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name
in the address list" However the very same exchange account when
previously set up works fine. Also my administrator account works fine &
sees the GAL.
I checked technet & the only thing it came up with was to clear the search
option for the exch service account. This I checked & was clear.
I'm sure it's a permissions setting somewhere, could be something really
simple as I'm fairly new at this.
Please help